Nominations are now closed
Canada’s restaurant and foodservice industry is powered by passionate, innovative and creative people, from business owners and chefs to frontline staff and suppliers, and the many others who team up to serve more than 22 million customers every day. Restaurants Canada recognizes excellence in our industry through an annual awards program.
- Made an outstanding and pioneering contribution to Canada’s restaurant and foodservice industry
- Had a positive and measurable impact in their community
- The impact could be based on one major initiative or several smaller actions over time pertaining to employment opportunities, arts and culture, sustainability, philanthropy, community involvement or other worthy areas
Presented at Breakfast With Champions - Tuesday, March 2
- Created a game-changing Canadian product or service for foodservice operators
- This innovation must make a significant positive impact on foodservice operations and add measurable value, such as generating traffic, reducing costs, enhancing the customer experience, etc.
- This innovation must be highly relevant to a clearly defined target market
Presented on Wednesday, March 3, 3:30pm on Speaker Stage
- Made an outstanding contribution to Canada’s culinary landscape
- Set a new standard for creating culinary experiences that delight the senses
- Inspires others through their culinary knowledge, passion and skill
- Practices the highest standards of food quality and safety
Presented at Opening Night Event - Sunday, February 28, 5pm – 7pm
This year we are honouring Anita Stewart, a pioneer in Canada’s culinary landscape. As a Member of the Order of Canada, Food Laureate at the University of Guelph, the President of Food Day Canada & Flavours of Canada (these are just a few of the accolades Anita accumulated throughout her life), Restaurants Canada was proud to work with Anita and the Food Day Canada theme to promote Canadian terroir. Anita’s motto - “Canada IS food and the world is richer for it”, stands today as a reminder not just of Anita’s incredible achievements, but also of our goals, as we work through these challenging times. We are proud to be able to honour her with Restaurants Canada Legacy Award during RC Show 2021 ONLINE Live.