SAVE THE DATE FEB. 25-27 2018
Looking for a more in-depth experience? The theatre will spotlight concrete ways you can add to your bottom line. We’re featuring sessions including:
- Current environment, consumer expectations, and playing to win: A Technomic presentation, sponsored by Canadian Beef
- Smash your revenue ceiling - presented by Sean Finter of Barmetrix
- Negotiating commercial leases and renewals for dummies - presented by Dale Willerton, The Lease Coach
Check out the full schedule below for a rundown on all the sessions in the theatre.
9:00 AM - RC Leadership Conference for single-unit operators
This half-day business-building seminar brings together industry leaders and global experts to explore the issues that matter to you. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Why storytelling, instead of selling, is the best way to build your business: TV personality and marketing consultant Tony Chapman
- Top 5 food trends: Sara Monnette, VP Research and Insights, Technomic
- How to attract millennial customers and employees: an all-star panel with leaders from PepsiCo, Uber Everything, Anheuser-Busch, Tourism HR Canada and Silver Lining Marketing
- Reach your customers through technology: an expert panel with insiders from Facebook, Blue Salt Digital Media, Impact Mobile, and RankHigher
- Reinvent your brand to thrive: Joe Jackman, founder and CEO of Jackman Reinvents
2:00 PM - Boost your revenues with three easy steps
Feeling under fire from changes in customer habits, new competition, labour shortages, cost increases, and exchange rate risk? We can help you protect your brand, your market share, and your profitability! Discover three ways you can shield your business from price wars, and use your existing customer base to build profits. Presented by Holly Simmons, Revenue Management Solutions.
2:45 PM - Negotiating commercial leases & renewals for DUMMIES
Learn the 13 costly mistakes to avoid when negotiating your commercial lease or renewal. The Lease Coach will show you how to negotiate a renewal rent reduction, maximize tenant inducements, remove personal guaranties, get your deposit back, and more. You'll receive a free autographed copy of his book. Following the seminar, you can ask Willerton questions about your own lease.
4:00 PM - Big Night Out
Join Lidia Bastianich and Eatable Films for a screening of the classic restaurant movie, Big Night, with drinks and aperitivo by Terroni. After, you'll enjoy dinner and drinks at Terroni Adelaide, with Lidia presenting a talk on what it takes to be successful while staying true to authentic Italian cuisine.
9:00 AM - RC Leadership Conference for multiple-unit operators
This half day business-building seminar brings together industry leaders and global experts to explore the issues that matter to you.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Why emerging consumer tastes play into your strengths: TV personality and marketing consultant Tony Chapman
- How to attract millennial customers and employees: an all-star panel with leaders from PepsiCo, Uber Everything, Rank Higher and Impact Mobile
- Learn how to make a positive and lasting first impression: an expert panel with insiders from Keg Restaurants, Blue Salt Digital Media, Les Clefs d’Or Canada and Tourism HR Canada
- Why reinventing your brand is more important than ever: Joe Jackman, founder and CEO of Jackman Reinvents
12:30 PM - Smash your revenue ceiling
Three steps to dramatically increase net profits by incrementally increasing revenue during peak hours.
1:30 PM - Current environment, consumer expectations, and playing to win
In this 45-minute, fast-paced presentation sponsored by Canada Beef, Techonomic will cover the most important industry, consumer and menu happenings for 2017 and beyond. Understand the current landscape and the outlook for Canadian foodservice; learn how to anticipate consumers' growing expectations; walk away with key strategies for setting up your menu (or your customer's menu) for success.
2:00 PM - In the Weeds
A documentary web series that showcases the thrill of foraging for fresh food.