Are you Canada's next pizza tastemaker?
Restaurants Canada, Ardent Mills, and Lactalis Canada Foodservice is on the search for Canada’s top emerging pizza talent! Finalists will stretch their skills for an esteemed panel of judges at the Pizza Stage to compete for over $10,000 in cash and prizes.
The competition’s diversity and inclusion mandate holds space for competitors to showcase women and BIPOC culinary talent.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2023 at 11:59pm EST
Tuesday, April 11, 10am-5pm - Faema Booth #2137
- Round 1 - RC Pizza Competition entrants will submit their application by February 28, 2023
- Round 2 - Our judging panel will select 24 finalists to compete based on their applications and be notified by email with their allotted competition time.
- Round 3 - Finalists will travel to the RC Show to partake in the live competition on Tuesday, April 11, 2023. Winners will be chosen and announced at the competition on the Culinary Stage.
- 1st Place - $5,000 cash prize, two (2) 3-Day Buyer Passes and entrance for the International Pizza Challenge at Pizza Expo 2024
(Note: Prize does not include flight/travel to or accommodations for the event)
- 2nd Place - $3,000
- 3rd Place - $2,000
- Plus Faema top-tier culinary gear from our pizza show sponsors
- Winners will be featured in MENU Magazine post-show
- Be registered to attend the Restaurant Canada Show 2023
- Have a minimum of 3-4 years of experience working in a professional kitchen.
- Be living and working in Canada.
- Be 19 years of age or older.
- Complete application in full, by deadline, to be considered valid.
- Be available to travel at their own expense to Toronto to compete in the live competition, should they be selected, which will take place on April 11, 2023.
- Be willing to bring any ingredients necessary to complete your unique pizza entry, including meat, dairy, and seafood products.
- Not be a decorated, recognized, multiple culinary competition winner or TV personality chef.
- Not be a previous winner or judge of the International Pizza Challenge at Pizza Expo in Las Vegas Pizza Competition.
Applications will include contact information, resume, references, headshots, and photos of you working in the kitchen, 50-100 word written application and a 1–3-minute video or picture of your pizza. Also include your assistant’s name and contact information to assist us in your registration at the RC Show 2023.
Application submissions will be reviewed and judged by a panel of culinary experts from the top worldwide pizza competitions. Restaurants Canada will not be involved in any of the judging.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2023 - 11:59PM EST