Showcase Your Experiential Approach to Cocktails to win Cash & Prizes
Don't miss Canada's top bartenders shake, sling and stir their finest creations in the ultimate battle of the bars!
In light of the global pandemic and to honour the togetherness and resiliency of our industry, this year's Beyond the Rail cocktail competition will be organized as a thrilling team-based competition. Competitors will be challenged to showcase not only their creativity, technical skills and teamwork, but also draw inspiration from this year's RC Show theme of Revival.
Tuesday, May 10 - 2:00pm-4:00pm ET - Bar & Beverage Stage
- Six teams of two will challenged to make two signature cocktails showcasing their creativity and reflecting the spirit of their bar
- Competitors must incorporate sponsored products, a mystery item from the RC Show floor and their own proprietary house-made ingredient(s).
- First cocktail will be the teams' interpretation of the 'Ideal Celebratory Drink'
- Second cocktail will be The Show Piece
- Each team is given 10 minutes to present their cocktails to a panel of esteemed judges
- 1st Place - $3,000
- 2nd Place - $1,500
- 3rd Place - $500
- Be living and working in Canada
- Must currently be working in a bar, restaurant or catering facility
- Be available to travel to Toronto to compete in the live competition on May 10, 2022
Applications will include contact information and answers to a series of questions regarding your experience and interests.
If you have any questions or inquiries regarding the competition, please contact us at RCShowBar@restaurantscanada.org
Thank you for your interest - applications are now closed
Owner & Operator, Trash Collective
Director of Beverage & Education, Barocco Group
Program Coordinator & Lead Trainer, MixxIt Canada
2022 Winners & FINALISTS
Monique Godinho + Sally Gillespie
Nick Incretolli + Madison Homewood
Katie Shewen + Erin Simpson
Joseph Dorio + Steve Spooner
Chris Flink + Japhet Bower
Dash Tume + Jorge Rodriguez
WITH SUPPORT FROM
Northern Keep Vodka