FEBRUARY 28 - MARCH 3, 2021
Compete for a chance to win $10,000 in cash & prizes
Restaurants Canada and Garland Canada are committed to continuing their support of the culinary community and the thriving talent within it. Together we have doubled the prize money available to the winners in 2021, making it $10,000 in cash and prizes! We have also developed our criteria to include a diversity and inclusion mandate which will hold 50% of the competitor spaces for women and also make more room to showcase the talents of BIPOC chefs.
Deadline for Applications: January 17, 2021 at 11:59PM EST
- Applicant must have a minimum of 1-3 years of experience working in a professional kitchen.
- Applicant must be living and working in Canada.
- Applicant must be 19 years of age or older.
- Application submission must be completed in full to be considered valid.
- Is not a decorated, recognized, multiple culinary competition winner or TV personality chef
- Application submissions will be reviewed and judged by a panel of culinary experts from the top culinary schools in Canada. Restaurants Canada and Garland Canada will not be involved in any of the judging.
- Contact information & resume
- Professional references
- Headshot photo (can be shot using your mobile device)
- Image of you working in a kitchen or cooking (can be shot using your mobile device)
- 50-100 words written application
- 1-3 minute video (can be filmed using your mobile device)
- 12 competitors will be selected to compete in the Garland Canada Culinary Competition and announced on January 22, 2021.
- The top 12 finalists will be contacted by email on January 22, 2021 and will have until 11:59pm on January 24, 2021 to confirm their participation by email.
- If you are selected to compete as one of the 12 finalists, you must be available to demonstrate the preparation of a dish* virtually with an online panel of judges from your home or work kitchen between February 1-14, 2021.
- You must also be available for the awards virtually sometime between February 28 - March 3, 2021.
- You must be available for one ONLINE rehearsal between February 15 & 27, 2021.
- As this is a virtual competition, no travel or in person appearances will be required.
*Judging criteria for the dish, ingredient list and procurement details will be provided to the chosen finalists
WITH SUPPORT FROM