FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The World is Changing and so is Food. Experience Innovation Unleashed at RC Show 2018
Canada’s Largest Foodservice Trade Event returns on Feb. 25-27 at the Enercare Centre
Discover new ideas, products and services that are changing Canada and the world’s culinary landscape at RC Show 2018. Cutting-edge technology and transformative ideas will be at the forefront of the show with this year’s theme, Innovation Unleashed. Focusing on the best of what’s new in taste, trends and technology with content that will encapsulate everything from where and how we source ingredients to what the future of food will look like.
The annual RC Show is Canada’s largest foodservice trade event – a place where the industry comes together to shop, taste, learn, connect and grow their business. Celebrated for three days and spanning 250,000 square feet, the RC Show is packed with inspiring talks, eye-opening demonstrations, interactive stages, engaging competitions as well as networking events and experiential dinners.
“Bringing together the industry’s most influential experts and hundreds of innovative products and services, RC Show offers all the ingredients chefs, restaurant managers and hospitality providers need to thrive and continue to inspire their patrons,” says Shanna Munro, President and CEO of Restaurants Canada. “Not only does the RC Show highlight the amazing work restaurateurs and industry insiders have accomplished, it looks forward providing powerful insights and uncovers what the future of food will look…and taste like!”
What’s NEW at RC Show 2018:
- Space to Spoon – Canada’s Space Agency and the Canadian Agriculture and Food Museum will highlight Canada’s world leadership in satellite technology that supports farmers, the supply chain and the food we grow, serve and eat. Attendees can learn about sustainable agriculture and the Future of Food during a panel discussion including keynote creative scientist and food futurist, Dr. Irwin Adam.
- RC Leadership Conference: Profits from the Prophets – Designed to inspire, address top issues and share the latest trends. The session will cover key issues, provide consumer insights and deliver innovative solutions to improve operators’ bottom lines. Moderator Tony Chapman joins industry experts; Jon Taffer, Tom Feldstein, Aaron Allan, Alan Smithson and more, to bring top professional consulting advice to compete in this ever-changing industry.
- Breakfast With Champions – New location! This RC Show signature event brings together the industry for an innovative breakfast experience inside Heritage Court at the Enercare Centre. In keeping with this year’s innovation theme, Doug Hall from Eureka Ranch, will deliver an inspiring keynote discussing the power of engineering innovation in products and the workplace to lead in today’s competitive marketplace. In addition, Restaurants Canada will announce the coveted Industry Leadership Award, followed by an open panel discussion featuring leading experts.
- “Top-to-Top” and RC Show After-Party – The networking event of the year – Innovation will be unleashed at this historic building located in the heart of Toronto’s Queen Street West district – voted one of the hippest neighbourhoods in the world. Top chefs, beverage ambassadors and brands from across the country will take industry leaders and media influencers on an adventure to remember throughout The Great Hall with live entertainment, inventive sips and bites, and special guest appearances.
- RC & Garland Culinary Competition – A high-stake chef competition where $5,000 cash and prizing are up for grabs! Chefs will go head-to-head in front of a live audience to create the most innovative dish that will positively influence a menu’s bottom line. The competition will heat up over the three show days when the judges chop the competition down to six semi-finalists. This is where champions are made. Be there to meet them, cheer them on and count down the seconds on the clock as they put their culinary skills to the test.
- Beyond The Plate – A showcase of innovative concepts, products and proven models with revenue-generating possibilities located in the Food Innovation Experience feature area on the show floor. Toronto Container Company will bring to life a series of “pop-up” concepts that will feature chefs, brands and new concepts with a food experience that makes this a must-see for those looking to innovate beyond the plate.
- Beyond The Rail – The Bar & Beverage event of the year that brings all beverages to life with innovation, craft, service and hospitality. See top Canadian and international industry professionals and go Beyond the Rail with spirited education. An interactive series of workshops that explores principal hospitality training, efficient bar ergonomics, cocktail menu development, zero proof mixology, building cocktail culture in your city, and product knowledge across many categories of distilled and fermented spirits.
- Expansive Show Floor – Over a thousand booths, featuring eight pavilions. Find cultural flavours in the World pavilion with Italian Bellavita Expo, Mexico and Jamaica. “Green” your operations with support from LEAF in the Eco pavilion. Sample first-class products in the Bar & Beverage pavilion. Delicate tastings await at the Gluten-Free Bar in the Specialty pavilion. Learn about the benefits of supporting local products in the Ontario, Quebec and Canada pavilions. Get your geek on in the Tech pavilion. Brew up new ideas and pairings in the Coffee, Tea & Sweets pavilion. Attendees should visit the Learning Lounge for “Ask the Expert” mini sessions and be ready to be impressed. Keep in mind competition stages as well other stages with incredible speaker line-ups and demonstrations. With so much to do, be sure to plan your visit to make the most of your RC Show!
RC Show 2018 is a must attend for anyone in the foodservice and hospitality industry. Must be 19 years of age or older. Restaurants Canada members receive free admission. Register in advance online www.rcshow.com
Registration is now open:
- $45 early-bird tickets before January 1.
- $55 advance tickets.
- $75 at the door.
Ticket includes three-Day RC Show entry and Opening Night Reception Ticket – Sunday February 25.
For more information on the RC Show, to sign up for media accreditation, arrange an interview or RSVP for media tours and the pre-show media event, please contact:
About RC Show
The largest foodservice and hospitality event in Canada RC Show will bring the industry together to shop, taste, learn, connect and do business. Attendees will find three days of inspiring talks, demos, workshops and competitions, on- and off- site networking and dinner events and 250,000 square feet and eight pavilions of product innovation.
About Restaurants Canada
Restaurants Canada (previously CRFA) is a growing community of 30,000 foodservice businesses, including restaurants, bars, caterers, institutions and suppliers. We connect our members from coast to coast, through services, research and advocacy for a strong and vibrant restaurant community. Canada’s restaurant industry is an $80 billion industry, directly employs 1.2 million Canadians, is the number one source of first jobs, and serves 18 million customers every day.