RC Show 2018 Reveals Ground Breaking Products & Technology
See what’s new at RC Show 2018, Feb. 25-27! RC Show organizers have scoured menus, chatted with top restaurant talent and dug in deep with food brands to uncover the innovations that are shaking up the restaurant and food scene. Here’s a roundup of the breakthrough technology, equipment and flavours featured at this year’s RC Show:
- Reverse Tap – Bottoms up is no longer just a drinking phrase – it’s a way to pour beer. Reverse Tap’s dispenser and complementary glassware lets you pour lagers and stouts from the bottom up. Reverse Tap means fewer kegs purchased, fewer bad pours, and improved keg yield. Plus, speedier pours means better customer service and satisfaction.
- Kodisoft Interactive Table – Kodisoft moves past the kitchen and focuses on the customer’s experience. Utilizing Interactive Restaurant Technology, Kodisoft is an interactive, unbreakable table top that allows customers to browse the menu, review ingredient lists and start salivating over dish photos. Once food and drink are ordered, waiting time becomes playtime, as they enjoy interactive games or catch up on the news.
- Tellspec – Tellspec allows quick food safety and quality checks on food and drinks. Users can check for ingredient contaminants or test a product’s glycemic load. Their latest scanners are handheld, allowing for easy mobility and testing.
- Levo Oil Infusion – Levo transforms what’s often a messy and laborious task into a process that’s as easy as making a cup of tea. Levo can be used to combine ingredients, such as vanilla and butter to create a divine tasting cake or to make a basil-infused oil for their next dinner party simply with the touch of a button. With the growth of cannabis in culinary offerings, the possibilities are endless!
- Planet Shrimp – A proud Canadian Innovation that is not only delicious but maximizes sustainability and minimizes our Global footprint. Planet Shrimp’s sustainable indoor practice means no wildlife or by-catch is destroyed, as well, they use purified clear water that’s re-circulated and filtered every 90 minutes that contain no antibiotics, no pesticides, no hormones, and no harmful chemicals.
- Diversey SKY® 7xi – Mobile devices are a common route for pathogen transmission. Restaurants can sanitize devices used by staff with Diversey’s SKY Disinfection Technology, which uses high-intensity ultraviolet light to thoroughly disinfect the device.
- Clean Meat – What was once science fiction is now fact. Paul Shapiro’s new book Clean Meat delves into revolutionary technology that will someday produce lab-developed meat. Growing meat without animals could save the planet, transform agriculture and reinvent dinner.
- Seedlip Distilled Non-Alcoholic Spirit – 85% of Canadians don’t order alcohol when they eat out, so it’s no surprise to see mocktails and their counterparts growing in popularity. Seedlip is the world’s first distilled, non-alcoholic spirit. The brewers serve up intriguing flavours, such as Garden 108, made with peas, hay, spearmint, rosemary and thyme.
- Croust’wich – Sandwich-making is transformed with Croust’wich, a system that displays sandwich and panini ingredients without the bread. When a customer buys a sandwich, ingredients are slid directly onto the bread, using specialized tools. This is a simple idea with a huge impact: It can increase sales volume by 20 to 30 per cent and enhance the speed of service to an average 45 seconds per sandwich.
- RADARSAT2 – World leading state-of-the-art satellite technology that supports sustainable agriculture in Canada and impacts the food we grow and eat. The Space to Spoon Exhibit will be on display at the show presented by the Canadian Space Agency and Canada Agriculture Food Museum.
Intrigued? See these innovations and more at RC Show 2018, taking place February 25-27 at the Enercare Centre in Toronto. To learn more, or to sign up for media accreditation, visit rcshow.com. Please note: this is a trade event, must be 19+ to attend.
Bria Weaver │ 416-360-6522 │ firstname.lastname@example.org
About RC Show
The largest foodservice and hospitality event in Canada, RC Show 2018 will bring the industry together to shop, taste, learn, connect and do business. Attendees will find three days of inspiring talks, demos, workshops and competitions, on- and off- site networking and dinner events and 250,000 square feet and eight pavilions of product innovation.
About Restaurants Canada
Restaurants Canada (previously CRFA) is a growing community of 30,000 foodservice businesses, including restaurants, bars, caterers, institutions and suppliers. We connect our members from coast to coast, through services, research and advocacy for a strong and vibrant restaurant community. Canada’s restaurant industry is an $80 billion industry, directly employs 1.2 million Canadians, is the number one source of first jobs, and serves 18 million customers every day.