RC Show 2023 Releases Dynamic Speaker Lineup
Canada’s leading hospitality and foodservice expo returns to bring together industry experts and thoughts leaders to discuss the issues that matter the most to businesses
TORONTO, ON – March 6, 2023 – The foodservice and hospitality industry is facing a wide variety of challenges. From labour shortages to reducing food waste, from expanding revenue streams to mental health and burnout, the industry is continuously challenged, pushing businesses towards innovation so they can keep their doors open. Restaurants Canada is ready to address these issues at this year’s RC Show with industry experts and thought leaders who will share practical solutions to allow businesses to tackle any obstacle and move forward.
From April 10-12, RC Show 2023, with its theme HEART & HUSTLE, will spotlight speakers from every aspect of the industry who will lead the conversation in foodservice innovation, share valuable insight, address current issues, and provide solutions to strengthen business operations and keep doors open and thrive.
Here’s a taste of some of the speakers you can expect to be addressed at this year’s RC Show:
- Learn more about Foodpreneuralism, the next generation of chefs and those who decided to pave their own path like Janice Bartley of Foodpreneur, the only Canadian Black-woman founded and led nonprofit with commitment to tackle systemic barriers and open the door to underserved communities.
- Hear about the Indigenous experience in the industry at the Indigenous Leadership panel, featuring Chef Tawnya Brant, a Kanyen’kehá:ka (Mohawk) woman who is sharing their Indigenous food knowledge, and Chef Inez Cook, co-founder and owner of Salmon n’ Bannock.
- As the industry workers continue to face burnout, addressing employee mental health and wellbeing becomes ever more important. Kris Hall, founder of the Burnt Chef Project, is working to address and eradicate the mental health stigma in the foodservice and hospitality industry and will be speaking on the Elephant In the Room: Team Well-Being panel.
- Want to learn the Operations of a Successful Business? Hear from industry experts such as David Hopkins, President of The Fifteen Group, as they discuss how to leverage opportunities for increased revenue, including menu optimization, strategic fiscal controls and exceptional guest experience.
- Social media is taking over and Tiktok Tastemakers like Dre Pao are shaping the industry as it moves into the future. Catch Dre and others at How to (re)connect with your local customer base with the help of social media and smart marketing.
- As companies continue to fight inflation, industry leaders and companies are pushing back and providing solutions to help businesses maintain their bottom line. Roger Francis, President at Sysco Canada and Asad Amin, Senior Vice President at Ipsos will be featured on Fighting back Inflation to discuss the solutions their organizations offer to help address ongoing inflation.
- Get familiar with every element of running a restaurant at the Full Service Leadership Panel, featuring Conley Rollins, CFO at Resy. From table management to waitlist functionality, guest feedback tools, to marketing methods, learn the ins and outs of business maintenance.
To view a more expansive list of speakers who will be appearing at the RC Show this year, visit rcshow.com/speakers.
Hear from all of our speakers at the RC Show 2023, taking place April 10-12, a place for the industry to come together to show off their HEART & HUSTLE like never before.
For more information on this year’s event, visit www.rcshow.com.
Follow us and the conversation on social: #RCShow @RestaurantsCanada
Lisa Raffaele │ 647.896.0743 │ firstname.lastname@example.org
Livija Cygas│ 416.579.1404 │email@example.com
About Restaurants Canada
Restaurants Canada is a national, not-for-profit member-based trade association advancing the potential of Canada’s diverse and dynamic foodservice industry through member programs, research, advocacy, resources and events. Canada’s foodservice sector is a $95 billion industry that serves 22 million customers across the country every day. As the fourth-largest private-sector employer, Canadian foodservice directly employs 1.2 million people, and indirectly supporting another 290,000+ jobs in related industries, with $32 billion in food and beverage products purchased every year. www.restaurantscanada.org
About RC Show – since 1944
Canada’s leading foodservice and hospitality event showcasing cutting-edge products, pioneering people and transformative ideas. Attendees can shop, taste, learn, connect and grow their business with multiple days of business-building action, including featured areas, competitions, workshops and RC Hospitality Week events tailored to educate, motivate and lead the industry. RC Show includes the latest trends, a dynamic selection of innovative products, and influential speakers assembled from around the globe, designed to help operators grow their businesses. An annual event not to be missed. Learn more at www.rcshow.com