Mon, April 10 - Wed, April 12, 2023
Enercare Centre, Toronto & VIRTUAL
Pour your way to an all expenses paid trip to Champagne!
Sommeliers will compete in a service-based challenge for a chance to win an all-expenses paid trip to Champagne to visit Piper-Heidsieck and Charles Heidsieck Champagne houses.
Monday, May 9 - 10:00am-12:30pm ET - Bar & Beverage Stage
The competition will be designed to mimic the service component of a Certified Sommelier Exam, where the competitors will be tasked with opening and serving a bottle of Champagne and answering knowledge-testing questions from our panel of esteemed judges.
- 1st Place - An all expenses paid trip to Champagne, France to visit Piper-Heidsieck and Charles Heidsieck Champagne houses
- 2nd Place - $2000 cash prize courtesy of Arc Cardinal, decanter from Chef & Sommelier
- 3rd Place - $1000 cash prize courtesy of Arc Cardinal, decanter from Chef & Sommelier
- A certified sommelier (CAPS Certified, Court of Master Sommeliers Certified or WSET Diploma)
- Must live and work in Canada
- Must currently be working in a restaurant
- Achieve a top 6 grade on a challenging written qualification exam prepared by the Sommelier Factory wine school
- Be available to travel to Toronto to compete in the live competition on Monday, May 9, 2022
Applications are now closed - thank you for your interest!
Host & JUDGES
TM Wine & Craft Spirits Team, Breakthru Beverage & Founder, JPO Endeavour
Master Sommelier & Director of Alcohol Curation, Fresh City Farms
Wine Director, Alo Food Group
Master of Wine, Freelance Wine Educator & Consultant
Jose Luis Fernandez
Langdon Hall, Cambridge, ON
Stable House Bistro, Vancouver, BC
Quatrefoil Restaurant, Dundas, ON
Don Alfonso 1890, Toronto, ON
Christian Perreault Hamel
Pompette, Toronto, ON
Aquafarina & Per Se Social Corner, Vancouver, BC
Chef & Sommelier
Grand Cru Deli
Fresh City Farms
Alo Food Group